Q.1 The prime managerial function is-
Q.2 Effectiveness of a plan relates to-
- Enhancing productivity
- The extent to which it accomplish the objectives
- The size of the enterprise
- Profitability of the enterprise
Q.3 What does not define the nature of planning?
- It is goal oriented
- It is flexible
- It is an intellectual process
- It does not precedes all other management functions
Q.4 Which among them is not the purpose of planning?
- To offset uncertainty
- To manage by objectives
- To secure economy in operation
- All Above
Q.5 Statement 1- Tactics plans considered long term goals.
Statement 2- Tactics plans is considered with the lower level units.
Which statement is correct?
- Only 1
- Only 2
- Both 1 and 2
- None of them
Q.6 Which plan is suitable with the goals of the entire organization as a whole?
Q.7 Which is not a disadvantage of the Planning?
- No scope of individual freedom
- It has tendency to make administration inflexible
- Planning revolves around organizational goals
- It is based on forecasts.
Q.8 Strategic plans are intended to design tactics in order to-
- Achieve long term objectives
- High productivity
- Ensure maximum production
- Serve the interests of both owners and the managers.
Q.9 Planning is a deliberate and conscious act by mean of which manger?
- Can earn profit
- Achieve their personal goals
- Can enhance production
- Determine a course of action for planning a specific goal
Q.10 Since policies are general in nature, they provide guidelines as to how-
- The managers will act efficiently
- The enterprise will achieve its goal
- Profits can be maximized
- The employees will carry out their jobs
Q.11 Which one among these is a correct example of Standing Plan?
- All above
Q.12 Choose the correct statement
- Procedures set the chronological order of steps
- Policies allow managers certain flexibility
- Rules allow discretion
- Only a and b
Q.13 A programme expressed in measurable units of money, weight, time is –
- Contingency Planning
- Only a and b
Q.14 What is not true about the ‘Rules’?
- Rules are the part of Hierarchical Planning
- Rules do not permit exercise of individual discretion
- Rules specify what action will be taken
- All Above
Q. 15 The planning done at the level of middle management is-
- Operational Planning
- Administrative Planning
- Contingency Planning
- Strategic Planning
Q.16 What is required for an intelligent planning?
Q.17 Choose the false statement about objectives?
- Objectives must be long range always.
- Objectives must be measurable.
- Objectives must be realistic.
- Objectives must be inter connected.
Q.18 A process whereby the superior and the managers of an organization jointly identify its common goals and major areas of responsibility is known as-
- Management by Operation
- Management by Objectives
- Management by Organisation
- Management by Co-operation
Q.19 What is true about the programmed decisions?
- They are routine
- They have short run impact
- They are generally taken at the lower level of management
- All of the above
Q.20 What are the basic needs to made Non-programmed decisions?
- No alternatives in the advance
- No availability of the readymade solution
- Only a
- Both a and b
Q.21 The correct order of Decision making process is-
- Analysing the problem – Developing alternate solution – Selecting the best solution -Taking the actions
- Identifying the Problem – Developing alternate solution – Selecting the best solution – Follow up of action taken
- Identifying the Problem – Analysing the problem – Developing alternate solution – Selecting the best solution – Taking action
- Identifying the Problem – Analysing the problem – Developing alternate solution – Selecting the best solution – Follow up of action taken
Q.22 Three conditions of Decision making are-
Q.23 Strategy concerns the direction in which human and material resources will be applied with a view to-
- Ensure maximum profit
- Enhance productivity
- Increasing the chance of achieving selected objectives
- Improve labour management relations
Q.24 MBO was first suggested by-
- Harold Koontz
- F.W. Taylor
- Henry Fayol
- P.F. Drucker
Q.25 MBO is a management technique for increasing-
- Productivity and profitability
- Workers’ involvement in the work
- Employee involvement in the planning and controlling activities
- Efficiency of management
Q.26 Rationality in decision making shows how the decisions:
- Should be made and not how decisions are actually made
- Are actually made, not how decisions should be made
- Can ensure expected results
- Help earn a lot
Q.27 Satisfying indicates a course of action that:
- Ensures motivation
- Is satisfactory or good enough under the circumstances
- Involves the lowest possible costs
- Ensures the best possible profits
Q.28 An objective may be defined as specific commitment to:
- Achieve efficiency of management
- Earn more profit for the enterprise
- Ensure its attainment
- Achieve a measurable result within a given time period
Q.29 Strategic planning is specially the job of:
- The mid-level executives of the organization
- Those line managers who sit at the top of the organization
- The chief executive
- The managing directors
Q.30 An organizational mission is a statement specifying the:
- Amount of profit it wants to earn
- Kinds of business it wants to undertake
- Quantity of sales it wants to ensure
- Quantity of goods it wants to produce
Join our Telegram group for answers.