MCQs on Basic Principles of Management
Q. 1 Which is not a characteristic of Management?
- a. Integrative Force
- b. Goal Oriented
- c. Result through the Manager
- d. a and b
Q.2 Which model of management believes the relationship between manager and employees is one of parent-child?
- a. E. Mayo’s Hawthorne Studies
- b. Classical Theory
- c. Marx’s Division of Labour
- d. Scientific Management Theory
Q.3 Who coined the term ‘Horizontal Loading’?
- a. Louis Allen
- b. F. Herzberg
- c. M. Parker
- d. None of them
Q.4 Which combination is incorrect?
- a. Classical Theory-Bureaucracy
- b. Classical Theory-Scientific Management Theory
- c. Neo Classical Theory-Operational Approach
- d. Neo Classical Theory-Administrative Management Approach
Q.5 Scientific Management advocates:
- a. Reduce cost
- b. Improve working conditions of labour
- c. Raise labour efficiency
- d. Preference of machinery over manpower
Q.6 Taylor propounded the ‘Mental Revolution’, based on five principles. Which among these is not the part of his theory?
- a. Working for maximum output rather than the restricted output
- b. Obtaining harmony in the group action
- c. Replacing rules of thumb with science
- d. Achieving individualism over co-operation
Q.7 Fayol identifies the six major activities of any business organization. Which among these is wrong pair?
- a. Financial-optimum use of capital
- b. Technical-safeguarding property
- c. Commercial-buying and selling
- d. Managerial-planning and command
Q.8 Which statement relates with the theory of ‘Division of Labour’?
- a. This is the right to give orders
- b. This improves the efficiency of labour through specialisation
- c. The subordinate should receive orders from one superior only
- d. Employees should be treated equitably in order to elicit loyalty
Q.9 Which is not the part of Henry Fayol’s Principles of Management?
- a. Unity of Command
- b. Authority
- c. Remuneration
- d. All above
Q.10 As opposed to Taylor, Fayol endeavors to deal with?
- a. Productive efforts
- b. Neo-Classical Theory
- c. Classical Theory
- d. Psychological Theory
Q.11 What tool is not used in Scientific Management Theory?
- a. Time and Motion Studies
- b. Job Analysis
- c. Scientific and Engineering Principle
- d. Workplace Satisfaction Surveys
Q.12 The period of Classical Management Theory is-
- a. 1880-1920
- b. 1920-1950
- c. 1950-till
- d. None of the above
Q.13 Classical Management Theory is:
- a. Organization Centered
- b. Human Oriented
- c. Machinery Centered
- d. Complete Employee Centered
Q.14 The observation of people at work that would reveal the one best way to do a task is known as?
- a. Bureaucracy
- b. Classical Theory
- c. Scientific Management Theory
- d. Human Relation management
Q.15 A hierarchy of command based on a rational-legal authority structure is known as :
- a. Organisation
- b. Bureaucracy
- c. Division of Labour
- d. Behavioral Observation
Answer Key on our Telegram Channel